Join the Lower Shore Stewardship Institute class of 2013!
We are now recruiting for LSSI participants for 2013! Don’t miss an opportunity to learn, to share, and to give.
Congratulations Class of 2012: Robert Heim, Alan Kamauff, Tracy Lind, and Bill Mahoney
The Lower Shore Stewardship Institute is:
- Your launching point for environmental volunteer opportunities on the Lower Shore.
- A network of nonprofits.
- An exciting way to meet and volunteer with like-minded people.
- An educational and hands-on experience.
- An opportunity to make a real difference in your community and to be part of
Download and complete a 2013 LSSI_application to join us in our 2013 class, and make history!
The Lower Shore Stewardship Institute will offer training to individuals of the lower Eastern Shore by experts in each topic on during the summer months. These educational experiences (in the classroom and in the field) will develop highly trained, dedicated volunteers who are ready to share what they’ve learned by leading in their communities and working with partner nonprofits.
Graduates of the Lower Shore Stewardship Institute are required to commit a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer service within a year. These hours include continuing education classes and events held by the Institute, as well as assisting with activities at any of the partner organizations. Volunteers will be able to act as conservation land monitors, water quality monitors, participate in habitat restoration projects, plant community rain gardens, and participate in other volunteer activities at a leadership level.
Training topics include:
- History of Agriculture on the Delmarva Peninsula and agriculture BMPs
- Backyard Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Water Quality and Watershed Implementation Plans (WIPs)
- Fisheries and Oysters
- Rain Gardens
- Sea level rise
Training dates:June 13, 22 July 11, 20 August 1, 17, 22 Location: Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore 1324 Belmont Ave #401 Salisbury, MD 21804
Email Beth Wasden for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 443-944-1175